Notices

Sigma Alarm Help

Search this Thread

Old 13 October 2005, 04:41 PM
DonnieDarko
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sigma Alarm Help

i have a new EU import with a sigma system 4 alarm- is that M30?

anyway i have a keyfob which unlocks the alarm, but i'd prefer to use the buttons on the key instead (they seem to have been disabled)

can i reprogram the key myself/ get a company to do it (it has two buttons- open & lock, or willl they not actually set the alarm?
Old 13 October 2005, 07:49 PM
ZippyLane
Scooby Regular

Don't know yet mate.. picking mine up tomorrow with the same system fitted, so I'll give it a try and see..!
Old 13 October 2005, 08:10 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

I think the key buttons only work on the Jap market models.

Originally Posted by DonnieDarko

anyway i have a keyfob which unlocks the alarm, but i'd prefer to use the buttons on the key instead (they seem to have been disabled)

can i reprogram the key myself/ get a company to do it (it has two buttons- open & lock, or willl they not actually set the alarm?
Old 14 October 2005, 12:46 AM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

I have an 02 car with the same issue. If you use the key to lock the car then your not gonna be setting the alarm.The alarms are fitted after they leave the factory hence the seperate key fob. I think you'll find there's no batteries in the key which is why it doesnt work.If you put batteries in you may find it will lock the doors,It wont set the alarm.
Old 14 October 2005, 10:41 AM
wrxseeker
Scooby Regular

Sigma Sam is the man to answer your question - he comes on here quite often, but to quote him from another post:-

The standard Sigma transmitter was re-designed specifically for Subaru, to fit within the ignition key housing - a new top Key section was also molded with a single button.
It would not be possible to fit a standard Laserline transmitter into the Subaru ignition key and unfortunately the random code encryption used by the Sigma and Laserline systems differs, so you cannot program a Sigma transmitter to operate the Laserline system.

Your neatest option (in my opinion and to give the appearance and functionality of a UK vehicle), would have been to specify a Sigma M30 alarm system from a local Sigma dealer (not the latest S30 system, as we have not re-designed the compatible transmitter for the Subaru ignition key yet) and then to have purchased the Subaru specific Sigma transmitter that fits into the ignition key - unfortunately as a Subaru specific part it is only available from a Subaru dealer (part number SACC3507 - comes complete with the new single button housing).
The existing Subaru euro transmitter could then be removed from the ignition key and discarded, replaced with the SACC3507 transmitter and then programed to the Sigma M30 system - replacing the standard separate Sigma transmitter that would have been supplied with the alarm system.
The new SACC3507 transmitter can be programmed into the alarm system yourself, using the overide keypad that is supplied with the M30 or by your Subaru or Sigma dealer.

All a little late now I know, but if anyone else is reading.....or maybe for your next Impreza!
SS
Old 14 October 2005, 11:20 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

This is a very important point, but unfortunately a little in depth so bear with me....

The original "2 button" ignition key on non-UK vehicles is designed solely for convenience to lock/unlock the doors, with little thought to security. It does not utilize the necessary random encryption transmission required by Thatcham to switch a Category 1 alarm system.

There are Thatcham approved alarm systems on the market that are designed to be switched from a vehicle’s original equipment transmitter, but their Thatcham approval is granted only on the understanding that they are fitted to vehicles whose existing transmitters have secure encryption to Thatcham's specification.
However, as most manufacturers (Subaru included) now use transponder technology to switch their standard immobiliser systems, there is no need for them to produce an encrypted transmitter just to operate the vehicles locking - there are no requirements in this area.
Any product fitted to an imported Subaru that switches from the original "2 button" ignition key will no longer be Thatcham approved as the transmission is susceptible to code scanning and grabbing.

On early 2001 vehicles when the "2 button" ignition key was first introduced in the UK a separate Radio Key was supplied to securely switch the alarm system and meet Thatcham approval.

The batteries were deliberately removed from these early "2 button" ignition keys to prevent them from working - if the vehicle were locked with the separate Radio Key and then unlocked with the "2 button" ignition key the vehicle would unlock, but with the alarm still armed, leading to a trigger when the door was opened and then confusion over which button to press!

For UK vehicles the Sigma Radio Keys transmitter was redesigned to fit inside the Subaru ignition key housing, whilst retaining the Thatcham encryption.
As the Sigma transmitter utilizes a single button to both lock/unlock the vehicle, a new top section for the ignition key was manufactured in the UK for the single button.
If you have an early UK car (with a "disabled" 2-button ignition key and the separate Sigma Radio Key with the Blue Subaru decal) or an import with a Sigma M30, then the re-designed Sigma transmitter and single button key housing can be purchased from Subaru and programmed to your system.
The part number is SACC 3507 for these parts and should cost around £40.
Don’t pay over the odds for programming, as this can be done yourself using the keypad in a couple of minutes, provided you have the system's PIN code or an existing working Radio Key.

On a similar note, there are Thatcham 2 to 1 upgrade alarm systems on the market that are designed to be fitted to vehicles with an existing Category 2 immobiliser, but their Thatcham approval is granted only on the understanding that they are fitted to vehicles whose existing immobilization system carries Thatcham Category 2 approval.
Unfortunately, the standard Subaru transponder immobiliser has not been tested on its own by Thatcham and so does not carry Category 2 approval.
Any Thatcham 2 to 1 upgrade alarm system fitted to an imported Subaru that utilizes the existing Subaru transponder immobiliser will no longer be Thatcham category 1 approved.

I hope that may have explained things, rather than confuse you further!
In short
1. Ensure you have a full Category 1 alarm system fitted - not a 2 to 1 upgrade.
2. Ensure your system is armed/disarmed by a separate Radio Key (or the built-in single button Sigma type) – not from the original “2 button” type

SS

Last edited by Sigma Sam; 14 October 2005 at 11:23 AM.
Old 14 October 2005, 03:18 PM
wrxseeker
Scooby Regular

Told you he would be the guy to ask !!
Old 14 October 2005, 04:06 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

Originally Posted by wrxseeker
Told you he would be the guy to ask !!
Sigma Sam =Top man
Old 18 October 2005, 09:36 AM
DonnieDarko
Scooby Regular

Cheers Sam

one more- what part do i need to get my windows to close when i hold down the beeper button?
Old 18 October 2005, 04:19 PM
ZippyLane
Scooby Regular

I was going to say the alarm fob works the lock, not the key.. but Sam's the man..!
Old 18 October 2005, 08:45 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Cheers Sam

one more- what part do i need to get my windows to close when i hold down the beeper button?
Thanks for the kind words above guys.... glad to be able to help.

Unfortunately the "2-button" (euro key) cannot be used to lift the windows and even the Sigma single button (UK key or separate fob) will need a window lift unit (one per pair) to the close the windows.
There are two options:
I would recomend you use the Green/Red wire (pin 4) , which can be programmed to give a negative output to switch a window closer unit whilst the button remains pressed when arming when you wish to lift the windows..
The other option is the Green/Black wire (pin 3) which provdes a negative output the entire time the system is armed - this is only suitable if the window lift unit being used has a built in thermal-trip. Additionally if this option is used the windows will always attempt to lift when the system is armed.

The wire colours mentioned above can only be found on aftermarket Sigma installs. On UK vehicles the wires are not present so the pin number identifies the location at the alarm multi-plug which will be empty.

SS

Last edited by Sigma Sam; 18 October 2005 at 10:19 PM.
Old 19 October 2005, 09:54 AM
DonnieDarko
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sigma Sam
Thanks for the kind words above guys.... glad to be able to help.

Unfortunately the "2-button" (euro key) cannot be used to lift the windows and even the Sigma single button (UK key or separate fob) will need a window lift unit (one per pair) to the close the windows.
There are two options:
I would recomend you use the Green/Red wire (pin 4) , which can be programmed to give a negative output to switch a window closer unit whilst the button remains pressed when arming when you wish to lift the windows..
The other option is the Green/Black wire (pin 3) which provdes a negative output the entire time the system is armed - this is only suitable if the window lift unit being used has a built in thermal-trip. Additionally if this option is used the windows will always attempt to lift when the system is armed.

The wire colours mentioned above can only be found on aftermarket Sigma installs. On UK vehicles the wires are not present so the pin number identifies the location at the alarm multi-plug which will be empty.

SS
damn, i'll have to leave it till i have a few spare quid...

cheers Sam
Old 15 March 2006, 06:48 PM
EnglishBen
Scooby Newbie

Hello all!

This is largely directed at Sigma Sam who is most certainly the Guru ond these matters!

S.S:, i have a Subaru Impreza, 99, which has an alarm system with two separate key fobss, blue\black with MPT 1340 licence exempt on the back of it. It comprises of only one button on the fob. I have search on the net and I gather it is a sigma alarm system. I inherited the car from my Dad who knows nothing about the system. I am in Germany now and the Subaru dealer knows nothing here either!

My problem is thus:

Batteries in one fob died so I replaced them. It now needs to "learn" the code I think. I hve looked on the net but have only foun US systems on here. How on earth do i get the fob to learn the code. The 2nd fob is getting weak now too! Also, where is the keypad! was it on the radio? if so, the radio was replaced with a diffferent one when it was stolen! Also, no one seems to know the code for the alarm (4 digit) can i get this code from someone???

Please help me before the 2nd fob dies! Thanks!
Old 15 March 2006, 07:00 PM
RB5 69
Scooby Regular

PM'd you mate!!
Old 20 March 2006, 10:22 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Sorry EnglishBen, been at the plant in Japan last week (looking at systems for the 08MY Impreza!) so unable to keep up to date with SN, but you have a PM now - hope its not too late!

SS
Old 26 August 2010, 04:51 PM
Scooby 4U2NV
Scooby Newbie

Default Please Help!

I have a strange and annoying problem with my remote fob on my Scoob.

The fob works well most times (although I have to be fairly close to the car for it to work) except when I am parked at home. Then - it works whenever it wants to. Sometimes I have to press the button down around 20 times whilst walking around the car J before it disarms. This morning it just wouldn’t budge and finally opened after me trying for about 30 mins..

Lately it has also started giving me problems (randomly) when I try to arm the car at home in the evenings. I now have no option but to lock the doors with the key which does not arm the alarm. At least this way I do not have a problem in the morning and can get to work on time!

I have changed the battery in the car (probably about 6 months ago) and have also replaced the batteries on the blue sigma fob. I have also tried using my spare key and fob which did not help either!

The strange thing is that when I am not parked in my drive, the remote works fine. I tested this in the morning when I got to work (45 mins late!) and it locked and unlocked everytime I pressed the button.

Any ideas?

PS – tried the manual code and that just kept blinking at me as if I was putting in the wrong code. Perhaps it was changed from the standard one. I have got the code on a little silver tag that came when I bought the vehicle (second hand). Is there a way to get this reset?
Old 26 August 2010, 05:26 PM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

Sounds like you are getting interference from a radio mast or similar. What year car is it?
Old 26 August 2010, 06:18 PM
danny c
Scooby Regular

my fobs are broken,its the 1 button subaru/sigma ones!my problem is i dont know the code for the key pad to learn a new fob,is their a way around this?

pm if prefured!

thanks
Old 26 August 2010, 08:08 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

danny you can get code from ss by removing the alarms brain box , open up 4 screws , give serial no to ss or pete at motor tech in barnstaple . they will be able to give you the 4 digit code . you can the program in a new fob , available on ebay 24.95 plus pnp
Old 27 August 2010, 09:21 AM
Scooby 4U2NV
Scooby Newbie

Default Please Help!

Thanks for the reply every1sgottablue1 .

It's a 2001/2002 model - wrx - and yes it's blue!!! :-)

I considered interference from an outside source, but the thing is that it worked fine since I moved in which is almost 2 years ago. This problem only started occuring in the last couple of months.

The only thing that has changed since then is the fact that I have got new neighbours. Could their cars be causing an issue? We also have a gated entrance into the complex and both remotes for that started playing up as well. Co-Incidence?

I did consider moving home to get around the problem ;-) but somehow I don't think my second love (i.e my wife) would appreciate that!

Thanks again for your help...
Old 27 August 2010, 11:58 AM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

One of these mobile phone companies could have put something up in your area? It happened to me outside my daughters school.
An option you do have is changing the alarm. It will prob cost you 200-300 quid fitted for Thatcham approved.
As for the fobs here is a write up from SS I found

Provided that you can disarm the system with a working Radio Key or the current PIN, then you can program new Radio Keys into the alarm system yourself, using the keypad, at any time.

If you do not have the current PIN, then option A is your best solution. However if you do not have a working Radio Key, then you will have to use option B and obtain the systems PIN code from Subaru (UK). Your dealer can obtain this for you if you can provide proof of ownership and the alarm systems 16-digit serial number.

A. Using a working Radio Key:
- Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key.
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- *17856*91*n# (where n is the total number of keys required to work the system)
- Press each Radio Key briefly in turn (the dash board LED will flash and the siren beep each time)
- Once the nth Radio Key has been programmed, you should be able to arm/disarm the system using any of the Radio Keys programmed.

It is essential that all Radio Keys required to operate the system are programmed together. Any keys not present during the programming sequence above will no longer operate the system.

B. Using the current PIN Code (if a working Radio Key is not available):
- Arm and then Disarm the system using the current PIN
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- **abcd*91*n# (where abcd is the system’s PIN code and n is the total number of keys required to work the system)
- Press each Radio Key briefly in turn (the dash board LED will flash and the siren beep each time)
- Once the nth Radio Key has been programmed, you should be able to arm/disarm the system using any of the Radio Keys programmed.

It is essential that all Radio Keys required to operate the system are programmed together. Any keys not present during the programming sequence above will no longer operate the system.

Instructions on doing this can also be found in the security systems Operating Instructions. If you do not have these, a link to a copy can be found in the post at::
http://www.subaru-impreza.org/subaru...pic.php?t=2476

When using the keypad always observe the following points:
- The PIN number should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.
- If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be abborted and started again after 30 seconds.
- Due to the small size of the keypad some users may find a rubber tipped pencil easier to use. DO NOT use the sharp tip of a ball point pen etc, or press excessively hard on the keypad as this will only damage the membrane and cause a digit to remain pressed, causing a continual incorrect PIN.
- The keypad allows only THREE PIN attempts and then will "Lock Up" if an incorrect number is entered a third time. This is a security feature to prevent random PIN attempts disarming the system.
Old 27 August 2010, 01:58 PM
Scooby 4U2NV
Scooby Newbie

Thanks Lee,

I will give this a go and report back to the forum. You've been a great help! Where would we be without Sigma Sam hey? He's a legend!
Old 28 August 2010, 12:12 AM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

No worries, I must admit SS is "the man" when it comes to alarms
Old 09 December 2010, 02:36 PM
retropeck
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Sigma Sam
Sorry EnglishBen, been at the plant in Japan last week (looking at systems for the 08MY Impreza!) so unable to keep up to date with SN, but you have a PM now - hope its not too late!

SS

Hi, I also have the blue square fob with MPT 1340 on the back, would it be possible for someone please PM me the instructions to reset it to the car?

Thanks,
Alex.
Old 09 December 2010, 04:40 PM
retropeck
Scooby Newbie

Sorry just read the post above with the how to! cheers.
Old 28 November 2011, 06:22 PM
Glenys
Scooby Newbie

Please could you help me? I have a Subrau Impreza WRX 2001 when I set the Alarm parking light stays on. The alarm is a fob blue/black with MPT 1340 on back. I did change a battery and it may have started doing it then. There seems to be a key pad in car and I have a sticker with a code on. At the moment I am starting car by turning key and pressing fob.
Old 29 November 2011, 02:15 AM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Glenys
Please could you help me? I have a Subrau Impreza WRX 2001 when I set the Alarm parking light stays on. The alarm is a fob blue/black with MPT 1340 on back. I did change a battery and it may have started doing it then. There seems to be a key pad in car and I have a sticker with a code on. At the moment I am starting car by turning key and pressing fob.
I would say that the switch on top of the steering column for the parking lights is switched on. Check that first
Old 30 November 2011, 07:44 AM
Glenys
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for your help the switch on the steering column is switched off. I think I may have said the wrong thing by parking light cos when I did the switch it wasn't the same that is stuck on. It is the left indicator that is stuck on when the alarm is set on and off. Thank you for your help
Old 30 November 2011, 11:41 AM
lanceuppercut
Scooby Regular

reading sigma sam's big ol' post, does this:
If you have an early UK car (with a "disabled" 2-button ignition key and the separate Sigma Radio Key with the Blue Subaru decal) or an import with a Sigma M30, then the re-designed Sigma transmitter and single button key housing can be purchased from Subaru and programmed to your system.
The part number is SACC 3507 for these parts and should cost around £40.
..mean i can ditch the seperate key (no button) and keyfob combo i'm currently using on my rb5, for a single solution with a button on the key??

what would the process be for this, i order that part from my dealer, they take one of my current keys and cut a new key onto the single button housing then i'll program the keyfob for my sigma?

or do they just reuse my current key and place it onto the housing with the button then i program the keyfob myself?
Old 01 December 2011, 09:03 AM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Glenys
Thanks for your help the switch on the steering column is switched off. I think I may have said the wrong thing by parking light cos when I did the switch it wasn't the same that is stuck on. It is the left indicator that is stuck on when the alarm is set on and off. Thank you for your help
Sticking relay in the alarm control box

Ian

Quick Reply: Sigma Alarm Help