Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which companies dont charge administration fees to change details?

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2009, 03:28 PM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which companies dont charge administration fees to change details?

At mo i drive an old mk 2 mondeo-and my insurance is soon up for renewal- im currently with esure and they still come out about cheapest for my car but i may move house and also swap cars this year and everytime you change details with esure they charge you £26 for new documents.

With this in mind i could knock up another £104 on my premium this year as i would have to pay 1st for changing my private reg on car then change details again when i swap cars then pay again when i change to a private reg on that new car then also again if i move house so adds upto a potential bill of £104 - a lot when my insurance in first place is only about £240.

So does anyone know which companies dont charge a fee for changing details like your reg number? please

Thanks in advance.
Old 18 May 2009, 04:00 PM
bish667
Scooby Regular

When i was last with Norwich Union they never charged me for changing cars which i did several times.
That was a few years ago tho so it may have changed.
Old 18 May 2009, 04:11 PM
Davey L
Scooby Regular

Admiral tried to charge me £30 for changing my address, ok the £60 i was saving cos of the new address was good but i refused to pay £30 for them to print a bit of paper with my new address on it. It was close to renewal time so i told them to forget it and i'll sort it out when i renew my policy. Somehow the £30 charge disappeared then! Most of them do it if you let them get away with it.
Old 18 May 2009, 05:05 PM
skyinsurance
Former Sponsor

Most comapmies will have admin charges, this is how an insurance brokers and underwriters will make thier money. A way around it with some companies is to explain to the company at the beginning of the policy that you will be doing certain changes.. if they already have them noted they may waive a couple of the admin fees. Worth a try!

Ollie
Sky Insurance
Old 18 May 2009, 06:22 PM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

Thanks will try this

Originally Posted by skyinsurance
Most comapmies will have admin charges, this is how an insurance brokers and underwriters will make thier money. A way around it with some companies is to explain to the company at the beginning of the policy that you will be doing certain changes.. if they already have them noted they may waive a couple of the admin fees. Worth a try!

Ollie
Sky Insurance