Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Red Hawkeye Spec C...?

Old 27 December 2012, 07:33 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No I didn't know until it back, I found a couple of things I didn't like the look of
It had the build no was 43 I think, I did inform Litchfield.
It was a uk reg car as a wrx but Litchfield only done these in imported imprezas sti or spec c
Old 27 December 2012, 07:55 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So obviously someone wrote no.43(Poss) off and it was re-shelled into a UK car, Yes Litchfields only used JDM`s, No point in mentioning it now but the UK shell would have had a vin number stamped into it as well as on the vin plate, JDM`s don`t...just a chassis no.
Old 27 December 2012, 07:58 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

It went to Subaru uk main dealer and they assured me it was a uk wrx
It also had quite a bit of paint work which was a wrong shade there is loads of bits that didn't add up and a few members on here had threads asking for Hawkeye shell and roof vent etc...there is more
Old 27 December 2012, 08:13 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Right then if anyone is looking to buy one please avoid this one as it seems to have a very chequered history

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/c...ails?l4=561066
Old 27 December 2012, 08:17 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Good one gaz, yeah it defo got history if anyone wish to ask for more details
If you are geniune feel free to contact me
Old 27 December 2012, 08:19 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GAZ2293
Right then if anyone is looking to buy one please avoid this one as it seems to have a very chequered history

Gaz,

The one hurst cars is selling is a re shelled WRX AFAIK!!!!

Mac
Old 27 December 2012, 08:25 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bluenosewrx
Gaz,

The one hurst cars is selling is a re shelled WRX AFAIK!!!!

Mac

That is the car and it came from Bedfordshire....
Old 27 December 2012, 08:31 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Yeah read the add " full wrx conversion " it's 42 I have some pictures on my phone

Old 27 December 2012, 08:33 PM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

Ive put that up as a warning so many times on here its untrue tbh when u call ian he says the car dont exist Not good .
Old 27 December 2012, 08:34 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Something very dodgy about it then as the one in the P/H link has Build number 36(or should i say a pic of plaque???) on it and hurst`s are saying its build no 42, Its clearly the same car, Look at the engine bay where the washer bottle should be, There are 2 very distinguishable black grommets covering the holes where the bottle was.

Last edited by The Pink Ninja; 27 December 2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 27 December 2012, 08:39 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Something very dodgy about it then as the one in the P/H link has Build number 36(or should i say a pic of plaque???) on it and hurst`s are saying its build no 42, Its clearly the same car, Look at the engine bay where the washer bottle should be, There are 2 very distinguishable black grommets covering the holes where the bottle was.
There is a lot more when you look around the car

Originally Posted by BIG FUD
Ive put that up as a warning so many times on here its untrue tbh when u call ian he says the car dont exist Not good .
I never saw a thing about it

Well I gave it back with no problems
Old 27 December 2012, 08:48 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Did you buy it from Hurst`s originally then, As ive always been under the impression they know their stuff and only have decent genuine cars?

Obviously the sale pitch has changed now stating what it actually is but interesting none the less.

Last edited by The Pink Ninja; 27 December 2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 27 December 2012, 08:54 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

No I found it on P/H drove there and had a deal with my golf with him, told me it was his sons and his son owed him some money so he was selling the car to get some of his money back, After I found out he came and collected the car resisted it on ebay as a wrx
But on here he had posted up about re-shelling impreza that he can re-shell in a weekend and he owns a paint shop, also a few other friends of his posted up asking and selling a 2006 wrx bumpers,gearbox and a engine from a wrx.

Old 27 December 2012, 09:28 PM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

Shame it has such a chequered history as I really like the look of it.
Old 27 December 2012, 09:47 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The history is there for everyone to see so it can still be a good buy. However it must be treated as a sooped up wrx. So the valuation would come in as a standard wrx with loads of bits. So not really worth the 16k!!
Old 27 December 2012, 09:50 PM
adam405sti
Scooby Regular

This car was taken in knowing exactly what it was although the seller tried to sell it as an original type 25 cosworth. Upon viewing the car it was obvious what had happened. the original build no 42 had been stacked by the first owner whom i spoke with in great detail (I also have the log book etc for the original type 25 build no 42 which all the bits came off).

It is as the advert states a wrx with a complete type 25 overhaul. The car does not feel "pieced together" at all. The car must be done well if BBB3 bought the car and later realised what it was. I see that as testimony of it being done very well. Personally i think your crazy for giving the car back but that was your decision. After evaluating the car, my decision was different to yours and happy to have taken the car in.

I bought the car to drive and am thoroughly enjoying the car. As i said earlier it does not at all feel pieced together and the chassis is the same chassis off the original spec c according to Ian Litchfield. To find a type 25 of this mileage would cost a minimum of £25k. After receiving no end of calls in the first week i decided to clearly state at the top of the advert rather than potential buyers reading what the car was a few lines in and not understanding it.

I would welcome anyone interested in the car to view and drive it and im sure you will understand what i mean when i say "it does not feel pieced together", besides its a type 25 apart from the outer panels. Engine, gearbox, ecu, Suspension setup, full interior, brakes, etc etc is all off a low mileage grey type 25 build no. 42. I spoke with Ian and he knows the original car which i have the logbook for and so do Powerstation.

The car is no different to the original type 25 in any way, shape or form apart from the original shell which is no different to the current shell. The only shell which is different is the spec c ra shell. The JDM shell was no different to the UK shell. For the first time in my life, i hope this car does not sell soon and i honestly mean that. This vehicle is running stock type 25 cosworth gear with only 8k on the clock, it probably feels just as good as it did when leaving the factory.

A original hawk 25 should be in early next week.

Last edited by adam405sti; 27 December 2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 27 December 2012, 10:39 PM
adam405sti
Scooby Regular

That will be cosworth engine build no 036, (plaque still on block), not type 25 car build no. 42. Two different plaque's, one for engine build and one for type 25 car build.

Last edited by adam405sti; 27 December 2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old 27 December 2012, 10:55 PM
B4D HK
Scooby Senior

UK hawk rear lights
Old 27 December 2012, 11:09 PM
adam405sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by B4D HK
UK hawk rear lights
You've just cracked the puzzle. Well done, it was a rear end shunt on the original car
Old 27 December 2012, 11:15 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

That car would of owed me 20k, 20k not to have the real thing is not right
The bumpers have been painted a slightly different shade of red and there is not stone chips on the bumper but there is on the wings, it has been put together well but something didn't feel right and I gold sold it as a geniune type 25, I realised it wasn't with in 3 days
Spoke to the guy who I got it off he said he didn't know nothing then look at his threads and there is all the bits sold from a wrx which done 60k in red.

Well I haven't got I don't want it at all.

GLWS
Old 27 December 2012, 11:19 PM
adam405sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BBB3
That car would of owed me 20k, 20k not to have the real thing is not right
The bumpers have been painted a slightly different shade of red and there is not stone chips on the bumper but there is on the wings, it has been put together well but something didn't feel right and I gold sold it as a geniune type 25, I realised it wasn't with in 3 days
Spoke to the guy who I got it off he said he didn't know nothing then look at his threads and there is all the bits sold from a wrx which done 60k in red.

Well I haven't got I don't want it at all.

GLWS
Bang on. It took me a few hours to figure the car out. Overall well put together IMO im sure you would agree having driven it. Totally agree if you had been sold the car as an original type 25. That's not my style thankfully, had approx 8 calls last week on the car and told the same thing to anyone who enquired about the car. May have one coming in on Monday so keep your eyes peeled if your still on the lookout.

Last edited by adam405sti; 27 December 2012 at 11:30 PM.
Old 28 December 2012, 12:01 AM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

It drives fine, it had a knock from underneath and took it my garage and the gearbox cradle bolts where loose,I serviced it with Motul oil when I got back.

GLWS
Old 28 December 2012, 12:59 AM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by banny sti
I saw this car parked in Coventry about six months ago with a private reg on it, think it was "RSC" something.

Well I'm assuming it was this car because it was black, had the roof vent and silver alloys.

It's the only Type 25 I've seen out and about.

Last edited by thenewgalaxy; 28 December 2012 at 01:00 AM.
Old 28 December 2012, 01:11 AM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by adam405sti
That will be cosworth engine build no 036, (plaque still on block), not type 25 car build no. 42. Two different plaque's, one for engine build and one for type 25 car build.
Ah...That will explain it then

Very nice looking car but when you mention the shell being the same has it had all the sound deadening removed and had revised welding on the suspension turrets making them stiffer as per the Spec-C and did it have a roof swap?

Not trying to take anything away from the car but as it is its a modded wrx...albeit a good one, Whoever tried to pass it off as an original chose the wrong colour though as i believe there was only 1 in red and it was the test mule for the Mk2 type-25

Still a stunning motor
Old 28 December 2012, 08:10 AM
adam405sti
Scooby Regular

Ah...That will explain it then

Very nice looking car but when you mention the shell being the same has it had all the sound deadening removed and had revised welding on the suspension turrets making them stiffer as per the Spec-C and did it have a roof swap?

Not trying to take anything away from the car but as it is its a modded wrx...albeit a good one, Whoever tried to pass it off as an original chose the wrong colour though as i believe there was only 1 in red and it was the test mule for the Mk2 type-25

Still a stunning motor
I did state according to Ian Litchfield who virtually made these cars. The choice of colour is down to personal preference and availability at time of swap.

https://www.scoobynet.com/927145-spe...pe-20-a-3.html

If only the roof and glass are thinner then the driver will just have to get in the gym and shred a few lb's

Last edited by adam405sti; 28 December 2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 28 December 2012, 08:19 AM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by adam405sti
I did state according to Ian Litchfield who virtually made these cars. The choice of colour is down to personal preference and availability at time of swap.

https://www.scoobynet.com/927145-spe...pe-20-a-3.html

If only the roof and glass are thinner then the driver will just have to get in the gym and shred a few lb's
Don't forget the reinforced turrets and inner wings
Old 28 December 2012, 10:15 AM
Red Hawkeye
Scooby Newbie

Yep they did a hawk, They only made two STI variants in red, The Blob Spec-C and Hawk Spec-C, .
the STI S203 was also available in red .nearly imported one from japland in 2007 ,